Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Final Farewell.

 

 "Well my friends . . . here at last, on the shores of the sea . . . comes the end of our fellowship. I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil." - Gandalf the White

It has been nearly four years (and even longer for many others, I'm sure) since I first began my journey through this amazing game. Very early on, it became more than just a game.. I was truly in Tolkien's world. I was like Bilbo - I was on an adventure!

It was an adventure like no other.  

Originally, I only planned to get as far as Lothlorien, then stop. That quickly changed.
I completed every quest in Eriador, but I also completed Moria, Rhovanion, Isengard, Duneland, and Western Rohan.

For Lotro - that's a lot!!

I also attended many festivals and community events. Being my first MMORPG, this was an amazing experience. I was among virtual friends, loving Tolkien's world in a unique way.

There are many people I would like to thank for making this epic journey unforgettable;

To Danania, the Super Girl of Lorien. If not for those encouraging words on my first post, this blog would probably not be as much a passion of mine. Your wimsy and amazing blog is still my favorite Lotro blog to this day - may you always dominate the skies of Middle Earth!

To Merric and Goldenstar of Casually Strolling Through Mordor. What can I say? You two served as an inspiration for me to start blogging about this game. I loved your podcast to pieces, and listened to it every chance I got.

To Hymne of Cosmetic Lotro. I will forever envy how you manage to take such amazing screenshots of your characters (I still can't figure out how do you manage to get such fine detail). You are an inspiration to me, even outside of Lotro! I try to use your techiques in other games, like Guild Wars 2. 

To Nathrien of Material Middle-Earth. I could always count on you to say something nice about an outfit I made. Even when other bloggers slowly fell away, you remained active for a long time, despite everything. Your beautiful, amazing outfits brought a smile to me each week. Though we've never met, I consider you a friend, and I thank you for your dedication to the Lotro community! Perhaps by some fate, we will meet again in some other MMO game.

To Players from the Lotro Community. On the forums, or in-game. It was so much fun!

To Turbine INC. Thank you so much for the opportunity to play in Tolkien's world. I can see you guys are struggling to stay current in a rapidly evolving gaming industry, but I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate everything that you have created for me. I wish I could show you the joy it felt to walk around Lothlorien and Rivendell for the first time. Those places were beautiful!

And lastly, To My Followers. I see who views this blog. There are so many....People from all over the world. Thank you!! I am so glad you loved looking at my outfits, and I enjoyed sharing them with you!

I am very sad to say goodbye like this, but as the saying goes, all things have a season. 
I wish it could have gone on longer, but my life is so full now. I'm sure you all understand.
If you see me in-game, give me a shout out!!

Goodbye and Farewell, my friends!!









7 comments:

  1. As I told MME, it's a sad day when not just one, but two giantess in the cosmetic LOTRO community decide to close their closet doors. Good luck in your next project!

    Tomeoric (Landroval)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tomeoric! My next adventure is most definitely making an entrance in the community of Guild Wars 2! With hundreds of cosmetics and 402 dyes, it will most defiantly keep me active - I currently own a regularly updated GW2 tumblr that all are welcome to visit: ...http://ofdragonsandpinkquaggans.tumblr.com/.......With Nathrien leaving, I figured it was best that I do as well, with as much grace possible. It is very sad, but I am hopeful for the future.

      Delete
  2. It's been amazing blogging alongside of you all this time Ellishul. Our love and passion for LOTRO burned strong and bright for so long that it's still hard to believe this day has come. But as you said, all good things must come to an end, and a glorious end at that. Thank you for posting all of the outfits you have since 2012. It's been a pleasure watching this cosmetics blog grow and blossom!

    And yes, I expect we'll meet again in another MMO. Hopefully somewhere on Tyria :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for everything, Nathrien :) yes, we'll definitely have to do something in Tyria!

      Delete
  3. Sad to see you go! I laughed when I read your comment about Cosmetic Lotro, your elven ambiance screenshots are a delight in themselves and there's nothing you need to envy about anything. The atmosphere you have created with your own personal signature of outfits is unique and I hope they will remain on your blog for a long while longer. I am not quite ready yet to call it quits, but the inspiration has surely been in decline. I hope you will find renewed interest in other worlds and new adventures! All the best, Hymne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you so much, Hymne! I have no intention of removing The Elven Tailor. The outfits will remain up for all who wish to use view them. I hope they inspire someone to create their own game fashion blog, like yours did for me :)

      Delete
  4. Mens Titanium watches - TechNy.com
    The most titanium frame glasses accurate and accurate Mens titanium everquest: titanium edition watches available. Read our 2020 edge titanium reviews and get titanium canteen the latest information on Mens designs, styles, and sizes. titanium athletics

    ReplyDelete