Sunday, November 25, 2012

Beneath the Canopy of Fangorn



My breath was stolen away when I first entered the eves of Fangorn Forest - both out of awe and sheer fear. This forest is so eerie and beautiful it makes The Black Forest back in the Shire look like child's play. The heavy canopy of trees and dense clumps of shrubbery limits the player's vision to only a few yards, making you feel instantly vulnerable.


There are dark things lurking about in this forest, and they blend in so well with the environment you don't usually spot them until they are right next to you. Everything moves. My heart races every time I see a twenty-five foot Huorn making it's way in my direction, it's arms stretched out like it's going to gobble me up.




On the bright side of this forest, I managed to find an Ent! I hadn't seen a real Ent since questing in the Brownlands, and I was most happy to see a friendly face in the darkness. Sadly it wasn't Treebeard (has anyone found him yet?); this one's name is Ashlimb. He wasn't much of a conversationalist, and after a long staring contest, I managed to prod some information out of him concerning two Hobbits I'd been tracking since the Anduin River.

Those eyes! It's like they're staring into my very soul!



A big round of applause for the landscape and environmental designers at Turbine- you've outdone yourselves this time! Fangorn was everything I envisioned it be; it was like I had walked right onto the pages of Tolkien's book. I was both frightened and amazed at the same time - no place since the Depths of Moria had made me feel that way. 

And I hope everyone liked this outfit! 
I had a lot of fun designing an outfit that held the spirit of Fangorn. 
Enjoy!

  • Head: Tactical Eastmnet Campaign Circlet, dyed Rivendell Green (Tier 8 Crafted)
  • Shoulders: Noriel's Folly, dyed Dark Green (Great River Quest)
  • Back: Cloak of the Dove, dyed Dark Green (Lotro Store, Lootbox)
  • Chest: Jacket of the Shade Finder, dyed Rivendell Green (Great River Quest)
  • Gloves: Gauntlets of the Hidden Paths, dyed Rivendell Green (Great River Quest)
  • Feet: Reclaimed Nobleman's Shoes, dyed Dark Green (Great River Quest)


3 comments:

  1. Keep your eyes open in the forest and you just might see Treebeard/Fangorn... :D (He is there.)

    Very Green outfit. You blend right into the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those combinations of green! And I believe you're the first person I've seen use those shoulders so successfully :) I often find them too bland for outfits I've designed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this nice outfit! The trouser isn't noticed. May you please, have a look for it? Love and greetings!

    ReplyDelete