I love the Balewood. It is a Fangorn-like forest in Wildermore that is constantly under a heavy snowfall due to the presence of the evil rock giant, Nurzum. My inner elf squeals with joy every time Turbine creates a spectacular forest for us to explore. Nothing pleases me more than a face full of branches and walking trees. The icy-blue hue that envelopes you when you enter under the snow-covered canopy of trees let's you know immediately that this is an enchanted forest. It is alive with huorns, trolls, and even a few Ents.
I'm going to be honest, I bought Wildermore purely for the cosmetics. I don't regret that decision. However, I do agree that the content of the area could have been a lot better. Compared to previous quest packs that acted as gateways into new expansions, this is an inferior product in contract to areas like Enedwaith or Eregion. The story did not spark my interest until I reached Balewood (anything to do with Ents interests me). Nurzum was a fierce and well-conceived adversary, and I was duly impressed, but the final battle was far too short and easy. So unless you really like cosmetics or simply want this quest pack for the sake of completing it, I would definitely skip it
Enjoy the outfit!!
- Shoulders: Ceremonial Ajokoira Shoulder Guards, dyed Sea Blue (Tier 5 Crafted, Lotro Store)
- Back: Bearskin Winter Cloak, dyed Sea Blue (Lotro Store)
- Chest: Wildermore Survivor's Robe, dyed Sea Blue (People of Wildermore rep vendor)
- Gloves: Oven Mitts, dyed White (Skirmish Cosmetic Vendor)
- Feet: Ceremonial Ajokoira Shoes, dyed Sea Blue (Tier 5 Crafted)