Monday, October 8, 2012

Inspiration: Arwen's Mourning Dress from The Two Towers


This outfit has been sitting in my computer for quite sometime and I figured I would finally release it. The Lord of the Rings trilogy offers an excellent opportunity for ideas for outfits, especially Arwen, who I think had the most extensive and beautiful wardrobe throughout all 3 movies. 

This one is from the scene in the Two Towers were Arwen's father, Elrond, tries to make her understand the bitter reality of becoming mortal and shows her visions of Aragorn becoming old and dying. It's a sad, but touching scene, and I tried to recreate that as much as possible in the outfit. 





I love the Tale of Aragorn and Arwen. It's probably the simplest story-line in all of Middle-Earth, but very beautiful and enchanting - and sad. It's not quite on par with Beren and Luthien in terms of excitement, but it is still an example of how much Tolkien loved a good romance in his stories. Enjoy the outfit!

  • Head: Song-caller's Hat, dyed Black (Moria Minstrel Vendor, Lotro Store, Skirmish Camp)
  • Back: Plain Cloak, dyed Black (All Cosmetic Vendors)
  • Chest: Elegant Formal Dress, dyed Black (Lotro Store)

5 comments:

  1. very nice job. I love the inspiration you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Devonna :D always nice to be complimented by the pros.

      Delete
  2. I love this:) Very well made:) That mourning scene in the movies is one of my favorite scenes, so sad and touching, just like the scene where Arwen sees her son in a vision when travelling through the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed it is :) I'm glad Jackson decided to expand on Arwen's role in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will check back in the future and see if you have more articles.


    elegant evening dress

    ReplyDelete