Monday, March 4, 2013

Beer, Beer, Beer!

"A long time ago, way back in history,
when all there was to drink was nothing but cups of tea,
a long came a man by the name of Charlie Mops,
and he invented a wonderful drink and he made it out of hops!

He must have been an admiral or a sultan or a king,
and to his praises we shall always sing!
Look what he has done for us, he's filled us up with cheer,
Lord bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer,
tiddiy beer beer beer!"

- Old Irish Drinking Song



Here is a simple outfit that has been sitting at the bottom of my vault. I've honestly been a bit overwhelmed by the number of amazing cosmetics we've been given this year - from festivals cosmetics to obsolete armor sets. I literally have so many wonderful cosmetic pieces that I tend to misplace a few - this tunic, for example. I had forgotten which character's storage vault it was in, but luckily I found it again. It was part of the pretzel/beer-themed cosmetics that were given out during this year's Harvestmath festival (2012). Beer in Lotro always reminds me of dwarves and hobbits, so I chose my dwarf-guardian to model for us this time around. His name is Osvarion of Erebor - and there is nothing he loves more than beer!

This Harvestmath cosmetic set also matched the adorable Harvestmath steed. 




They're quite a pair, don't you think?


With St. Patrick's Day coming up in a few weeks, I though it fitting to throw in an Irish drinking song, especially since it themed very well with this post! If you've never heard the full song, do check it out because it is absolutely hysterical! 

Enjoy the outfit!

  • Back: Inn League Survival Pack, dyed white (Lotro Store)
  • Chest: Harvest-Brew Long-sleeved Tunic and Trousers, dyed Olive (Harvestmath Festival)
  • Shoulders: Mended Leather Shoulder Pads, not dyed (Tier 1 crafted, Quest Reward)
Steed: Harvest-Brew Steed (Harvestmath Festival)

2 comments:

  1. Hehe Cat... that horse looks so merry I wonder if he might have been knocking back a few with the dwarf. :D Great shots; made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pony does look quite round in the belly, doesn't he? LOL! Thank you, Danania!

      Delete