Despite keeping busy with friends and family this Holiday week, I had some time to make an outfit using the new Yule festival cosmetics. All I can say is "finally." Finally, after almost two years of festivals, at last there something I can truly enjoy wearing. The Robe of Winter Winds skin is a fantastic alternative to the mediocre unisex mesh of festivals past. While it is a single cosmetic item, the length of the robe alternates, appearing longer on male characters and shorter on female characters. I am overjoyed Turbine decided on a more attractive robe to reskin. Although I still miss the dresses, I will gladly settle for this awesome cosmetic.
The same can be said for the festival steed and matching war-steed caparison. While it is still a blanket, it is at least a unique one, and very well designed I might add. Depending on your PC settings, the undyable parts on the caparison appear a sort of blueish-purple color. This presented a challenge as I sifted through my color-packs trying to decide how to best match such a color. In the end, Sea Blue seemed to work best.
I applied this dye to the robe as well, and harmonized the white-dyed cosmetics with a black coat for my war-steed.
Overall, I am very pleased with how this turned out.
I hope everyone's Holiday break is filled with fun and joy!
Happy Holidays from The Elven Tailor, and enjoy the outfit!
- Head: Hood of Night, dyed White (Classic Skirmish Vendor)
- Shoulders: Light Nadhin Shoulders, dyed White (Light Dol Amroth Armour Set)
- Back: Cloak of the Grey Company, dyed White (Epic Quest Vol. III Reward)
- Chest: Robe of Winter Winds, dyed Sea Blue (Yule Festival Reward)
- Hands: Barnavon Hunter's Cured Gauntlets, dyed White (Isengard Reward)
- Feet: Threadbare Boots of the Dunland Healer, dyed White (Isengard Reward)
War-Steed: Caparison of Winter Winds, dyed Sea Blue (Yule Festival Reward)