It has come to this: Dol Guldur and Carn Dûm were only the begining. The newest threat to Middle-Earth has now been loosed straight from Mordor. The Dark Lord has ordered the traitor, Saruman, to release his army of Uruk-Hai on the plains of Rohan. In order to meet this threat, the Rohirrim must send messengers to the Free People across Eriador and Rhovanion.
The Heralds now ride ahead, bringing with them requests for aid to all who will answer the cry in this time of darkness.
Will you answer? The choice is yours . . .
Who else thinks the Winged Heralds Steed is the coolest mount EVER?! The ornate bridal is what drove me to spam all of my friends with Lotro emails until it was MINE (thank you so much to you all). I quickly began assembling an outfit that captured the essence of a speedy war messenger. The wings kind of remind me of the Greek god, Hermes.
- Head: Enduring Helm of Fleetness, dyed Gold (world drop (Isengard))
- Shoulders: Dwarf Leather Shoulder Guards, dyed Gold (from the medium armor vendor at Thorin's Hall, the one next to the throne).
- Cloak: Cloak of the Ibis, dyed Gold (Lotro Store)
- Hands: Brud-Durnvol, dyed Gold (drop from "Dargnákh Unleashed" instance)
- Upper Torso: Breastplate of the Nimrodel, dyed Dark Green (world drop)
- Leggings: Elven Soldiers Leggings, dyed Dark Green (Tier 5 Crafted)
- Boots: Boots of the Galadhrim, dyed Forest Green (Quest reward from Vol. II, Book 7)