I adore how buff and compact the war-steeds look. They are said to be designed after the Andalusian,
Carthusian, and Friesian horses, but to me they look more like Belgian Draft horses. I have an aunt who owns one in real life and in spite of their size, they are extremely gentle animals. I actually created this outfit about six months ago, but I've been waiting for the war-steeds to come out before showing it because they seem more fit for freezing weather than the regular travel mounts.
I have always loved the Misty Mountain area. It has a rockier mountain range than Forochel, not to mention the infamous Goblin Town, which gives it a sense of adventure that never really goes away no matter what level you are. I come back here often to admire the wonderful, snowy valley. Blizzards are frequent in the North-Eastern part of the Misty Mountains and can obstruct vision quite severely. I nearly drove my steed of the cliff side as we galloped along the narrow path. The overall mechanics of controlling a war-steed are not difficult at all, but it takes a few minutes to get used to. They don't turn on a dime and stopping them requires a bit of button mashing. Still, it's a lot of fun and feels more like a real horse than our regular travel mounts.
This is one of my favorite outfits so far. It's practical travel wear , and I haven't come across any war-steed quest reward items yet, so the class-steed caparisons have really come in handy. They are awesome to mix and match!
Enjoy the outfit!
- Head: Raven Festival Mask, dyed Umber (Harvestmath Barter Reward)
- Shoulder: Fated Westfold Assault Shoulder Pads, dyed Umber (Tier 7 Crafted)
- Back: Sage's Pack, dyed Umber (Lotro Store)
- Gloves: Oven Mitts, dyed Umber (Skirmish Camp Cosmetic Vendor)
- Feet: Steadfast Brushed Assault Shoes, dyed Umber (Tier 7 Crafted)
- Halter: Rune-Keeper's Halter, dyed Black (Steed of the Rune-Keeper)
- Caparison: Hunter's Comparison, dyed Black (Steed of the Hunter)
- Leggings: Hunter's Leggings, dyed Black (Steed of the Hunter)
- Saddle: Lore-Master's Saddle, not dyed (Steed of the Lore-Master)
- Gear: Rune-Keeper's Gear, not dyed (Steed of the Rune-Keeper)